About Me

My photo
I love hard. I laugh loud. I wanna live laudibly.

Tuesday, April 22, 2008

How Do Broken Hearts Heal?

It was a terrible nightmare. I could still hear my heart throbbing in disbelief. Yes, because it was real. It happened so quickly, I could not separate the bad dream from reality. Why has this happened to me? I know God has a better purpose. Sadly though, I loved deeply and fallen so fast, so hard, it hurts. Most of my friends say I don't deserve a guy like him. They know how faithful I am in love and they said I deserve the one who's equally faithful if not more. A part of my being would like to believe so. But this other part is still hopeful of what my love for him can do. I, the tough lady who bat greater challenges in the past, suddenly a weakling? Well, in this case, maybe it will take two to tango. For what use is my being a love warrior if the person I'm fighting for is not willing to come back? What use is this love with nobody more to share? For more than two years, we made it through the joys and blues of our relationship. In a sudden weird twist of things, two years took a night to say the relationship requires a month or so of rest. Rest for good, maybe. Two years of hearty laughters and painful tears into one eager morning of a decision to rethink things over like everything was wrong from the start. Two years of togetherness into a few late nights with somebody else. Two years of my faithfulness into telling me you and her have a lot to share. Two years of my life in you, with you, for you and now yours with her. Time is no exact measure of how much you love another person, I know. But where did two years, seven months and six days of only us bring you? What have you left behind for me? I'm scarred. I was not prepared for this. So could anyone tell me how do broken hearts heal?

No comments: