About Me

My photo
I love hard. I laugh loud. I wanna live laudibly.

Saturday, September 11, 2010

The Mistaken Call

I was with my friends at the beach, seriously talking about our lives' stuffs when ring-ring goes my phone. It reflected an unknown caller. It was around 5 o'clock in the afternoon which was a very unusual time for Allan to call so it really puzzled me if it was him on the other line. Still, I gladly answered my phone. I knew it was not Allan from the first word the caller mentioned: Tinao.

Someone close, I thought. When he said his name, I was ecstatic. Boy oh boy! I have not heard from him for ages! It was Rannie! Yes, the mistaken identity.

He called directly from Singapore. He called because he was worried I was not replying to his IMs. He called because he thought I was working in Singapore. He called to ask me how i'm doing. I was touched by his thoughts. He called because maybe, just maybe, I was worth talking his Singaporean dollars due for his phone bill.

The call lasted briefly for four minutes. Nevertheless, I think it was like sitting over a McDonald's value meal after hearing the novena mass at the Baclaran church. There were laughters and chismis (mostly about his love of his life). And yes, I never said it before, but if there was a boy version of me, it would be Rannie! Malandi. Haha!

For a while there, I forgot I am having problems. I had a mindshift for several minutes. Thanks Rann for the call!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

....hoy sis...d ako baklita... as you say ha...d ako malandi... stariray lang...
btw... hindi ako si Rannie ok b brad!!!