About Me

My photo
I love hard. I laugh loud. I wanna live laudibly.

Friday, November 21, 2008

Wish a Wish!

I will make this really short and easy. Just a breeze. Hahaha. A wishlist? Hmm, I never really thought so hard about it, but yes, it will do me no harm if I make one. Besides, I can see several of my wishes coming true even before I write them down. God is the most brilliant mindreader! And I'm loving how it works. Really, God, I know you never disappoint me. And when I thought you did, it ends up with me realizing I never really thought ahead for the purpose. Peace tayo, God. :) So then again, the wishlist! Hmm, for my approaching birth anniversary, I wish to have any (or all -- am I so greedy?) of the following: 1. Eat, Pray, Love by Elizabeth Gilbert 2. Diary of a Wimpy Kid by Jeff Kinney 3. Eclipse by Stephenie Meyer (I included this in my Christmas Wishlist for the ECCP Christmas Party!) 4. The Christmas Mystery by Jostein Gaarder (Junlee granted this wish! A numerous thanks!!!) 5. Breaking Dawn by Stephenie Meyer I think 5 in the list is enough. Weeeeh!!!

*****
Just as I have made it easy for myself to enlist the things I want for my birthday, I don't want to miss this chance to say thank you, thank you for the overwhelmingly simple (makes sense to me) gestures that my friends have done to me:
  1. For Junlee's express-and-without-second-thoughts purchasing of The Christmas Mystery book I just mentioned over YM as a birthday present. That's selfless. :)
  2. For Junlee's friend, Taggy, for bringing the book here in the Philippines and for unhesitantly meeting up with me, a barely known lunatic (hahaha). Thanks too for offering me 'just something' from McDo. I'm sorry I have to decline the offer. Not really out of reservation (you really don't know me if you think that was the reason), but moreso because there's more food waiting for me in Dampa i have to save the space in my stomach for that.
  3. For Mac's consoling words that I cannot absorb mostly. Blame my stubborness. Why does it seem easy for you to make me cry my heart out? Hahaha. Must be that peak level of friendship. I did feel my eyes dried up after that talk that I thought I can sleep with eyes open. I would not suggest talking to you again at night before bed time. It was not a pretty good idea.
  4. For Juan's 4 Santan flowers (not the cluster). I kept them pressed in my wallet with the other (seemingly) insignificant (but unique) inanimate objects the others gave me: a seashell and a cotton piece. That was swee-et. I really wish I have a younger brother like him and my other babies. :)
  5. For Ate Vilma and Jermine's attentive ears. They were really into my tales that I could not forget how their faces looked like when I told them something that night of revelation. They were awed. Hahaha. The truth kept them awake for the next several minutes, still awed. But at least, the questioning subsided. Am I a mysterious girl, ladies? Hahaha. You know the answer. Note: I am not gay.
I never wished for things like these, but the simple gestures made them more meaningful than the wishes I wish and expect.

No comments: