About Me

My photo
I love hard. I laugh loud. I wanna live laudibly.

Thursday, May 28, 2009

Mind-Bogglers For Today

It was an ordinary morning for me, traversing the usual roads going to the office when suddenly, Ting! I was chanting these lines from a song: "I'm a big, big girl in a big, big world. It's not a big, big thing if you leave me. But I do feel that I will miss you much, miss you much. -- Emilia" And suddenly I stopped short, wait, EMILIA? Whoa! What is going on inside my mind? What must have it been sorting out without me knowing it? The lyrics of the song is meaningful, in the same way that the acronym of E.M.I.L.Y for me is quite uniquely meaningful. Yeah. Ask Mav. But why, oh why, did it come to me again?! These things -- mysteries.
****
At work. At first I was having fun proofreading the 9 modules assigned to me. I was confident it would be just a breeze considering how these modules pass through the hands of one of our training consultants. But then again, when I saw the inconsistencies, the incoherence, the S-V disagreements -- I want to apparate! Can somebody fix this as an example for me:
"The blue connector at the end is where the monitor connects to the video card, and the gold contacts on the right are where the video card plugs into the computer's bus."

*****

Welcome to the club! So easy to say such a thing when you encounter a heartbroken person. But the tears, ah! It's a different story altogether. I hate to see my friend's face smudged with sorrowful tears. Especially when just days ago they were happily enjoying the beach, the 'fun and togetherness' (thanks Anna!). And after seriously considering how things were in the past, the verdict was cast: Let's call it off. Guys with all balls and no bats! How could he? What else could he possibly ask for when his GF (now ex) is the most loyal and loving (next to me) GF I could imagine?

I cannot afford to name names first. I have to wait for my friend for her official broadcast. No clues whatsoever. I have enough of mind-boggling matters today, my dear readers. Find this out for yourself. Katrina Halili is out of here.

*****

My friend will be ordained as priest this Saturday along with two others. Hooray! And he called me up yesterday to back his psalmist up in a duet. Anything for you. Oh wait, not without any favor in return! Supposedly, just supposedly, I get married anytime next year, he has to be there to preside or co-preside somehow. Right, right. Nice deal. Let me revise that a bit. No expirations please.

*****

I was given this remark today by a pseudo-colleague: "You're too cute to be ignored. Only fools ignore you (or blind)." I responded: "That's given." However, I was struck at how friends would give such remarks sincerely. Are they really?

*****

Rev. Marco, I would like to personally thank you for the food (hahaha) that you unselfishly committed to give us for our not-so-planned swimming this Saturday night. God bless you a hundredfolds! Note: There's still time to back out. I am so a devil's advocate. >:)

*****

It's the death anniversary of Richard Valiant Correa tomorrow. :( I miss the boy. I miss you pal.

2 comments:

Mav said...

EMILY means Envy Me, I'm Literally Young...and Beautiful hahaha EMILY-BE hahaha=))

Imishu girl!

Tinao said...

bwahahahha. i remember you saying Yukkk each time I say EMILY over the phone. aminin mo! i miss you just the same sister!