About Me

My photo
I love hard. I laugh loud. I wanna live laudibly.

Monday, June 1, 2009

Recharge-able

Borrowing from Rev. Fr. Marco's message of thanks last Saturday afternoon, I am one with him in the belief that home is where you regain your energy. Whenever you feel the necessity to recharge, home is the best place to do just that. Very true.
This was the very same reason why I asked for a half-day off from work last Friday so I could come home early and hopefully catch up with the rehearsal for the responsorial psalm. Sadly, it did not pursue. But the pep talks and sharings were definitely worth wasting the time. And the rain! So much so it added relief to my burdened soul (What I was feeling was heavier than you can read it here. I could not explain why.) and drama to reinventing friendship and discovering new ones that night. It was also a bonus for me that I arrived just in time to see Jun Pyo on screen. Eeek, I giggle at the sight of him. It is that teenage sensation that brings out the glow on my face lately somehow. Boo. He is just plain gorgeous.
*****
When you sing your heart out, you pour out your feelings into what you sing so that your voice and the song will be delivered well. Just my thought. It has worked for me so many times. And several times, I ended up teary eyed too. That is because singing is one of the few ways I vent the bad feelings that are choking me. Really. And because sometimes, when you can't find the right words to express how you feel, songs were intentionally made to express them more than you can. Weird but often true. I hope Fr. Ed would understand now why I only responded in silence when he remarked "Feel na feel mo yung song ha!" I was feeling tensed at first but enough coaching from that seminarian who sang with me was all it took to diffuse everything inside me. He was very supportive and appreciative. Typical seminarian. Mabolatis.
Singing for me is synonymous to clearing the dark clouds ahead of me. It puts me back to perspective somehow. Try singing soulfully. It does not matter if you are out of tune. It's the heart that counts.
*****
Did you say swimming? Count me in!
I'm no good swimmer but I like drifting and frolicking in the water. And wow, the good conversations with friends while immersed in the pool. Nothing beats that. I left my tears in the pool, unbeknownst to them.
I would just like to say my thanks to those who took time to join me in the supposedly 'unplanned' overnight swimming after the Thanksgiving Mass of Fr. Marco -- Liway, Godo, Te Vilma, Te Dhang, Kuya Ernie, Mac, Regie, Janice, Larry, Jermine, Khayi, Joepearl, and Fr. Bot. Let's go to Baguio next time! Yeah!
*****
What is so wrong with Marlbert?! I did not commit to come to the house warming slash birthday celebration of his relative yesterday. He was merely insisting we should come. I don't remember having business with him not even with the birthday celebrant. And he would tell me they are expecting us. With the likes of Marlbert, there's no need to clarify. Yet unlike him, if I could refuse an invitation, I'd say there and then I could not make it. Better than saying I would come and then won't. Unlike Marlbert, I'm not the no-show type. (Yes, Marlbert, allow me this opportunity to grill you in my own page.) Underpromise, overdeliver. It was just surprising how people treated us when we arrived. Sure, they welcomed us warmly, I have nothing against that. Really, they were nice people! Overly warm and nice, in fact. But I have this impression that I underestimated what Marlbert must have said prior to our arrival. I have this funny, weird feeling that made me really uncomfortable at first especially whenever a person not present was being mentioned. Bad habit.
But hey! I enjoyed the bibingka! I super loved it! And did I say I enjoyed watching and talking to those nice people in there too? But I'm missing A___.
I'm not done with you yet, Marlbert. :)
(Note: I am posting this entry during working hours. I am so tired proofreading! I'm going back to work. I've recharged.)

2 comments:

Hari ng sablay said...

npadpad ako dito. ayos din pala dito, :)

Tinao said...

ahahaha. ayos pala ha! enjoy reading! mostly senti ang posts ko. digi-journal ko kasi to. sana di ka ma-bore. thanks for visiting!