About Me

My photo
I love hard. I laugh loud. I wanna live laudibly.

Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Pledges

I'm wearing a cute pink glittery bow today. It matches my pink-spotted cheeks which I pinched thoughtlessly infront of the mirror until I felt they were close to burning if I did not stop. Just kidding. The bow matches the shade of my lipgloss too! I love my total look today -- fresh and ready to face the world! Apparently, I hope this is just the beginning of putting into action my pledge of reinventing myself and starting anew. I think I'm ready to face the battle against quarterlife crisis (whatever that is). I have not laid my cards yet nor thought of a game plan but feeling good about myself is definitely one critical step I should take. Way to go, Tin! (I'm talking to myself again. Beware. Hehehe.)
*****
Last night, I was repeatedly playing the song "Pananatili" on my laptop. Mac instructed me to study the song well for Allan Punay's wedding on June 28th. Like a student to her teacher, I obliged. I was intently listening to the song when suddenly it dawned on me, "Hey, the message of the song sounds like the Song of Ruth! Only it was Tagalized." And so early this morning, I googled for "Pananatili" and confirmed my realization. "Pananatili" is a beautiful song, not to disregard the music-video, which I posted here, that gave the lyrics justice.

"Pananatili", in the best way I could translate it, means staying or dwelling in English. It is yet another pledge of love -- of staying where the loved one stays, going where he/she goes, dying where he/she dies. The sweetest pledge of love I ever heard. It sounded highly emotional in Tagalog. As the Scripture says (in English):

Ruth 1:16-17 (King James Version)

16And Ruth said, Intreat me not to leave thee, or to return from following after thee: for whither thou goest, I will go; and where thou lodgest, I will lodge: thy people shall be my people, and thy God my God:

17Where thou diest, will I die, and there will I be buried: the LORD do so to me, and more also, if ought but death part thee and me.

It touches my very core that I cannot help crying. I should not do this during the wedding!
*****
There were several times in the past when I was handed a World Vision brochure in different occasions. I was actually very eager to get involved but it came to pass and I never really grabbed the chance. Until a cousin approached me asking for assistance for the education of our niece for college. I must have been very insensitive not to notice that a relative is in need of financial aid. Why am I searching too far? There is nothing wrong with that, I suppose. But charity starts at home. So, point-blank, I pledged my support. It's the least I can do. But still, it's my niece's dream of a brighter future that's at stake here. I'm proud to say, I adopted a scholar this schoolyear, and I'm happy to do so. Carry on!
I'm all too excited to buy supplies for my nephew who is starting his first encounter of school at the Day Care Center. He has been deprived of parental love at such a young age so I guess it would not hurt much if we introduce him to the wonderful and definitely valuable world of studying! Studying means a lot to me. It's high time I impart that same values to the my younger loved ones. :)

*****

Consider this forwarded SMS by Thew one gloomy morning:

"For years I kept a sign in my room that helped me maintain the right perspective concerning yesterday. It simply said... "Yesterday Ended Last Night." It reminded me that no matter how badly I might have failed in the past, it's done and today is a new day to make things better."

And my pledge? I'm going to be a better person each day.

So help me God.

4 comments:

Mav said...

Lagooot ka kay SIr, bloog ka ng bloog ha hahaha:D

Miss you Tin-eee:D

Anonymous said...

that was a good song. :)

Anonymous said...

You commit an error. I can defend the position. Write to me in PM, we will communicate.

Anonymous said...

Now all became clear to me, I thank for the necessary information.