About Me

My photo
I love hard. I laugh loud. I wanna live laudibly.

Saturday, June 13, 2009

Bleached!

Stupidity over simple things leaves a worse impact than you think. Especially when you had the same mistake once in the past. God, I never learned. Well, what I meant was, using bleach in laundry. I remember way back in high school, when owning a new pair of jeans signified a trendy statement and personally, a reward because of an achievement. My mom bought me this really classic corduroy khaki pants that got me really excited to wear and show. Coming from the mall, I went straight to wash it – the sooner it will be washed, the sooner I will get to wear it, I thought. Then it came to me, I should clean it thoroughly. I have this thinking that because it was handwashed does not mean it is already thoroughly clean. I thought somehow I have to disinfect it. And so the bleach’s role in the story. The bleach was supposed to be mixed with the basin of water but it accidentally dripped on the garment. Disaster! I have a new pair of corduroy khaki pants embellished with white-pink spots that looked like it was ready to meet the floor with water and polish. It met its ill fate to be a rag in an instant. And my face apparently needed some ironing more than my clothes because of what I did. Very stupid. Just this afternoon, I bought this really nice white dress embroidered with intricate black patterns of threads and beads! It was from the ukay-ukay, you bet! But really, it looked like it came straight from the shelves of Plains and Prints or Apple & Eve. The fabric is thick and its weave is similar to coffee bags. I love the total look when I tried it on – conservative yet cute. And because it came from the ukay-ukay, my OC tendencies struck again. I soaked the garment in water with powdered soap and yes, bleach! Bleach would get rid of itch-causing elements of the dress, I thought. I gave the soaking some convenient 15 minutes to get things done the way I wanted it to be. I took a quick shower first before I get to handwash the dress. But what an unfortunate idea! My precious purchase looked like it was inked all over with inconsistent curled patterns down from where the embroideries are up to the waistline. Black prints were there where they were not necessary! The dress looked really spoiled; evident of what a stupid washer I really am. I just threw my hard-earned PhP125 away. I cannot forgive myself. My brother’s girlfriend, who was envious I got hold of the dress first a while ago, was anxious about what I did. I was waiting for her to tell me how stupid I was, and yes, very generously, she told me so. My brother and even Jew came to the rescue, too. My brother gave it a shot at scrubbing one of the many unwanted black imprints but I’m afraid he would only tear the dress if I did not stop him. Jew handed me a bar of laundry soap and suggested I try vinegar too. Hmm, I may have demonstrated severe desperation there for a moment to deserve such attention washing just one piece.
Here are photos to show you my stupidity.
FRONT VIEW OF DRESS
BACK VIEW OF THE DRESS
TORSO (Closer Look)
THE INTRICATE EMBROIDER
THE BEADS (Heavy Ones!)
CAN YOU SPOT THE STAINS?

Down-trodden and feeling really irresponsible, I climbed upstairs to my room for adjudication. I pleaded guilty of stupidity alright, and to uplift my soul, I sentenced myself to watch DVD. I just watched The Other Boleyn Girl. I felt glorious afterwards. I was not the most stupid, after all. Hehehe. But still, I would be a lousy laundry washer. I would drive customers crazy if I were employed in a laundry business. Poor me.

2 comments:

Mav said...

Darn hahaha, sayang.. nice find pa naman.. sana you took photos hehehe :D

Tinao said...

will post!