About Me

My photo
I love hard. I laugh loud. I wanna live laudibly.

Wednesday, October 2, 2019

My Generous Son

Today, I got a call from the Philippines that my father was taken to the hospital. I feel worried mainly because it has only been a week since he came out of there and now he was brought back. And for another reason, my parents, being poor as we are, don’t have much to spare for hospital bills because their pension is barely sufficient to cover their medicines. So the hospital bills are extended to us, their kids. I already owed my uncle a large sum and it looks rather unclear where to get more. My husband called me to ask how I was and I just broke down. If only I am already working, I would have something to send back home. I told my husband I don’t know where to get money to help my parents out. My eldest son came to the room because he heard me crying. He went out of the room and came back with pennies on his hands, offered me the pennies saying “Here you go, Mommy. Stop crying. I will help you. I will Give you my money.” It was his money from the tooth fairy he’s been keeping all this time plus several pennies he would spot anywhere in the house which he asked if he could keep them. I cried even more, this time rather silently. I was touched by my son’s generosity. This is the first time I encountered him like this and I was a bit surprised. Such a selfless soul, giving all that he got to someone he thought has none. Thank you, God!

No comments: