About Me

My photo
I love hard. I laugh loud. I wanna live laudibly.

Thursday, December 11, 2008

Mav-elous Christmas Shopping

It's not everyday that you can tag an old friend to go shopping with you -- especially with me, a very picky, meticulous and often return-this-to-the-rack type of consumer. Blame that to the natural insatiable wants of consumers, a fact normally stressed in my Economics class. I've lived with that fact, much to the making of myself as a difficult (or irrate when I'm in the mood) customer. And gahd, cashiers I've dealt with may want to attend stress management classes more than a seminar on managing dissatisfaction and conflict! Hehehe. I'm not really that bad. I was just kidding. But the minute I uttered a word of dissatisfaction, my brother, for example, would ease his way far from me, as if telling anyone who has seen him with me "No, I'm not with that freak." It's an exercise of my consumer rights (as if I know that by heart)! But hey, I could be aware sometimes (goodluck with the frequency) of going overboard at the counter, and still could manage to smile with my ears fuming and my left brow raised. Patience is (and will stay) a virtue. Enough with my crappy consumption-driven life. I'm seeing my former colleague after office! I'm talking about Mav (variable: Mab - to help the stubborn Starbucks personnel deliver her coffee to the right person), whose friendship with me is beyond her resignation from EITSC. Inspite of her enjoying a life of IAR like my MDG, she still manages to send me SMS, email me spam mails (or is it me?) and drop by the office to catch up with the old times over a cup of coffee and a slice of cake (I can see a repeat here.) But the catching up doesn't end there! She said yes to my invite for a precedented walk-till-you-drop kind of shopping, without second thoughts. My heart is ecstatic! Woohooo!!!
To Mav, super thanks for not giving me a difficult time to persuade you into this. Drama! But for reals, thinking of buying at least 36 presents for my 36 (listed) godkids would be easier with you I guess. If we don't end up buying something for them, at least this is the chance I'd love to spend with you! I could not let the opportunity pass without juicing out something from you! Next to my shopping agenda with you is hearing you share about your boom-de-ya-da stories. Hahaha. Spread the love! Let's tackle and tickle! By the way, I'm wearing our twin costume. It is not part of my plan but I'm happy I did. See you later!

2 comments:

Mav said...

Oh my goodness kamote! I really missed you super haha.. im so cute naman in the pic hihi.. lalabas agad ako pagpatak ng 5:30 kaya dapat andun ka na hahaha... weee! I really missed you my tinaw winaw:D

Tinao said...

hahahaha. ang picture! classic! classic sa pagkaabala pag wala ang mga boss. hahaha. panalo!