About Me

My photo
I love hard. I laugh loud. I wanna live laudibly.

Thursday, December 4, 2008

Most Desirable Guy: Only A Fantasy

I was asked a phone-in question by Anna this morning (10:53 AM to be exact) on how I feel about MDG’s ‘in a relationship’ (IAR) status in Facebook. Fumbling for my thoughtful answer was not really difficult, with Anna being the third person (count in Dom and Ga there) to break the news to me and ask me the same question. I lose the heart to open my own FB account – that would be adding insult to the injury or worse, self-persecution. Of course I feel sad! That’s even an understatement. If there’s an opposite of the cartwheel bliss I’m feeling whenever MDG pops me an instant message, then the IAR news made me feel like I want to be suspended in the air upside-down till I struggle for my hopeless life. Hmm, exaggerated but it did hurt a bit. Just a bit because in the first place, I already eliminated the kiddie ‘hopeful’ feeling like there’s such a person as Santa Claus on Christmas time. That kind of fantasy. And then Anna’s consoling words hit me like fire -- leaving me with a warm and prickly sensation at the same time. I felt warm because her words gave me a flickering hope! But the spiteful truth remains: MDG is IAR already. Anna said that I need not worry about MDG’s IAR status because sometimes things just don’t turn out right. She even added, ‘Who knows? Girlfriend lang naman.’ Haha! Give the guy a chance! He only started his relationship with his girlfriend. And I envy her, an awful lot of envy. But thanks Anna. That was sweet, nevertheless. And if there’s one thing I should prepare for his return this Christmas, I would start with facing him and talking to him properly. That is, if he talks to me at all. I need all the luck I could summon! Oy vey!!! Merry Christmas to me. MDG must be feeling so lucky and happy.

No comments: