About Me

My photo
I love hard. I laugh loud. I wanna live laudibly.

Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Month of What?

It's February already. I have not been looking at my calendar for the past few days -- either for dread of seeing the transition of the months or just because I'm lazy to tear off the page. Who am I kidding? It's the latter. Why do I dread January ending and February coming? Kathleya answered it for me. I was blowing my hair to dry upstairs when she shrieked in declaration "Eeeeh!!! February na! Valentine's na!" If I were downstairs, I should have hushed her and told her to mind her cooking. My eyes rolled and I sighed. She did not have to reiterate it. Gahz! It's pretty obvious that February is bloody hell here! Establishments at the Araneta Center are posting hearts and cupids in bold red at the store windows -- reminiscent of how Christmas must be near with Christmas trees and carols all around. But I can tell from Kathleya's shrieking that I'm not the only person in the house with issues on February. Well, not really issues, but yeah, more or less. Talk about being dateless. No, in my case, I refuse to date. At least not yet. I had already planned out how I'm going to spend February 14th. I know Kathleya has plans too. She has many plans! And we agree so much in planning to 'get busy' on the 14th. I'm going home to Pangasinan then. Im off to the beach by the day, watch a [seminary] play by the night. Alone or with company. I already told my cousin who has been bum for a while to join me to the beach. She doesn't think it's a good idea considering that she has a boyfriend but she already agreed. And she can't take that back. No negotiations with the brat. And of course she can't take her boyfriend with her! I want the beach to be sightly, and I think smooching lovers will be an eyesore. Eww. It's February alright. And it's not exclusive for lovers! Whoever told it's the love-month!? Huh? I lived my whole life with so many February-ies and I survived them with or without a lover, with flowers and none. Besides, every month (and everyday for that matter) is a time to love, to spread the love!

No comments: