About Me

My photo
I love hard. I laugh loud. I wanna live laudibly.

Thursday, February 26, 2009

Sad vs. Happy

Who would like to be singled out and choose 'sad' as an option between being happy and being sad? Amabel. Most people would, of course, want to be happy. That's the ultimate cause/purpose (Philosophy lessons, processing... failed.) of man's life -- to be H-A-P-P-Y. But Mabel's YM status is alarming: three sad faces. That's overly dramatic. So I asked why. She named three various reasons (that's why the 3 sad faces), to quote:
"Sad na hindi na ako matutuloy sa batanes sa march, sad kasi di ko pa palal marereimburse ung plane fare ko sa company kahit na irerefund naman ako ng asian spirit... akala ko lang e magkakapera pa ako... sad kasi madaming work pero may glitch ung Internet provider namin so di ka makapagtrabaho ng maayos..."
I smiled. She really has various reasons to be sad, but i said in rebuttal:
"I'm sick but not sad. I'm happy because I'm feeling better now. I'm happy because I'm able to chat with you. I'm happy because even if my bills are on its way, I still have extra money to buy myself bananas."
The next exchange of YM messages was like music to my ears, okay, lyrics to my eyes na lang. She was starting to laugh. And even before I explain to her the message of the reasons why I'm happy, she realized it. She tried to think of reasons why she's supposed to be happy and not sad. And she came up with these:
"I'm happy coz you're well and in the office right now to care what I feel. I'm happy coz you're trying to make me feel better. At natuwa ako that you can still buy bananas."
So there. I'm overly happy to make someone feel better today more than I feel better myself.
*****
Find reasons to be happy. =)
I thought of Myanmar's political detainees and tell myself I'm more fortunate being able to sit on my chair comfortably after a good lunch and still blog and check Facebook (and Friendster). Luxury at work.
And now I get back to real business.

No comments: