About Me

My photo
I love hard. I laugh loud. I wanna live laudibly.

Tuesday, March 3, 2009

When Getting To Sleep Becomes Dramatic

Nothing really new. It's just one of those times when I would usually lull myself to sleep with a new downloaded song playing from my phone in the repeat mode. So many times I have been doing this, yet again, there are so many songs I love to sing with each time until I thought I was born with the lyrics imprinted on my head. And now this particular old song which was sung by Teatro Rizalia caught my attention while waiting for the inauguration of our new EITSC computer laboratory at RTU to start. Smoke Gets In Your Eyes by The Platters. I googled for the lyrics and I want to share it with you. Less the drama, it would not be a song most of us would appreciate. If you have loved before, then this one's for you. Listen to it and keep yourself from crying. I failed. Enjoy the song and the story!
Smoke Gets In Your Eyes (The Platters, Frank Sinatra)
They asked me how I knew
My true love was true
I of course replied"Something here inside
Cannot be denied"
They said someday you'll find
All who love are blind
When your heart's on fire
You don't realise
Smoke gets in your eyes
So I chaffed and I gaily laughed
To think they would doubt my love
Yet today, my love has flown away
I am without my love
Now laughing friends deride
Tears I cannot hide
So I smile and say"When a lovely flame dies,
Smoke gets in your eyes."

2 comments:

Mav said...

uy maganda nga yan hehe

Tinao said...

hahaha. naiyak ako kaya maganda. hehehe.