About Me

My photo
I love hard. I laugh loud. I wanna live laudibly.

Saturday, July 12, 2008

Reunions and My Foodrama: Part 1

July twelfth. I SMSed my brother early morning to greet him a happy birthday using my mother's mobile phone. It was an effort dragging my carcass out of my bed because I was having that wonderful rainy morning perfect for dawdling. I decided to prepare for my cousin's birthday celebration anyway. The outdoor games I listed will be fun only if a sun dance is performed beforehand. It was raining heavily that morning and there is no way I could tell it would stop if I say so. Hooray! A ruined birthday party is starting to form a picture before my eyes. And I don't think I can bear to see crying kids over spoiled fun. God have mercy.

The rain stopped for a while. Maybe I was not praying really hard because dark, heavy clouds are still lingering lazily above us. We (my mother, my niece and I) arrived just in time for lunch. I, particularly, was given a warm welcome. It has been ages since I last saw those familiar and similar faces (but of course I could still name them). I could not pass through the queue of my not-so-few aunts and uncles without giving them that Filipino gesture of respect (which we grew up doing everytime we see them), the undying mano. And while doing that, I could not help but hear them say things on how I have grown into a lovely (ehem) lady, that I have lost much weight (wagi!), and that I must have been busy with trivial things but visit them (apologies).

My little cousins are so adorable! I could not stop myself from taking photos of them and with them. Well, it runs in the genes, I guess. Being with them makes me feel kid at heart but old in age. Hahaha. I was like a day care teacher in one of the photos I took. Crap.




Just as I thought (and prayed, hehehe), the rains ruined the outdoor games I prepared. I was thinking of storytelling as an alternative but I do not think the kids were in the mood to hear any of my stories. The thought of rotten tomatoes thrown at me is not really a pretty sight so I dismissed that idea and pleased myself watching them open CJ's (the birthday celebrant) gifts while I was munching on my second serving of hotdog-on-stick with marsh mallows. This is one remarkable moment I would not forget. Though a number of my cousins (the older-than-me blokes) were not present, I sigh with satisfaction (and digestion) that I was able to spend a delightful afternoon with my little loved ones. Awwwww. I love you all!



(To be continued)

2 comments:

Mav said...

tinaoooooooo-oooooo:D

Tinao said...

maaaavvvvv!!!!!!!!!!!! medyo busy lang ngayon. as in. tayo-upo ako at naku, di ko maharap mag-email. waaaaaahhhh.....