About Me

My photo
I love hard. I laugh loud. I wanna live laudibly.

Friday, January 1, 2010

New Beginnings

Anytime is always a time to begin if you want to. But the New Year is a classic point of hoping, planning, and deciding to make things anew or simply welcoming changes. I cannot believe it's 2010 already. It seemed like it was only yesterday when I resolved to be a better and not a bitter person. I told myself I would be forgiving and ever-learning. I committed to enjoy my life each day, and not to expect things about tomorrow because it might not come. These were what I had on mind when I welcomed 2009. Now that 2010 is here, I still want to become a better, forgiving, and ever-learning person. I still do not want to expect about tomorrow, but rather, carpe diem! Expect not, keep hopeful. Add a little faith, if that is the most I can do. Stick to my family and swarms of true friends -- those people who stuck with me unsolicitedly especially when I was wretched and lost. Late last year, I took another shot at love, sure. But there is nothing wrong with loving myself more, which I do now. There is nothing wrong with protecting oneself -- it is the most basic human instinct. Besides, if I did not learn from my past [terrible] experience, I do not know if I could still count myself human. Father Bok cited me as an example during his Homily last night. [He did not mention my name though.] He recounted how I would cry with so much emotional baggage when asked about my former boyfriend. But even in between sobs, with so much faith, I told him that everything's not yet finished. The best is yet to come. He told his audience that, now that 'she' [referring to me] has a new boyfriend who is abroad, she apparently is happier. He added that the new boyfriend makes her happy. Father Bok's statement makes me want to stand up and certify that fact. People with me at the choir's nook would glance and smile at me. They knew I'm on the grill. It does not bother me though. It is not finished. Live. Laugh. Love. Make each new beginning hopeful and do not stop till victory is at hand. God is faithful! Happy New Year!

No comments: