About Me

My photo
I love hard. I laugh loud. I wanna live laudibly.

Thursday, January 29, 2009

Laugh All The Way (My Funny Life Series)

Life goes on. And so do the jokes that life plays on you. Just when I thought my life's antics yesterday would be over at my ATM withdrawal attempts, something even trickier than that was waiting for me before my office-day ended. Here it is, in full account. I was tasked to attend the exhibitors' briefing yesterday for the e-Services event slated on February 9 and 10. Of course, I made sure I took note of the important details I have to remember. And being the responsible person I know I am, I stayed until the last question raised by the exhibitors was addressed even if my feet were stomping impatiently under the table, itching to dash off. At 5:45 pm, I felt relief to hear the host wishing us a safe trip home. Clutching my manual and bag in one arm, I ran the door with a smile. The next minute, that long escalator trip was bringing me ten steps away from the landing. And before I have time to backout (not that I planned to), I recognized someone instantly near the landing, talking to someone I took not notice of. When he glanced my way, he gave me that familiar smile, acknowledging my presence. He called my name before I could sshh him. I declared his name back. Kuya Tacky! I must have startled the person he was talking to enough to make him turn around and reiterate my presence. My precious name uttered in surprise would turn heads, I tell you. Another person approached me and gave me a nod while my mind is trying to recall who he is. Nicholas Cage? No, Marvin corrected me: Vladimir. Oh yes. And I knew right then his presence was a clue to something I knew is coming. My former boyfriend was heading towards where we are gathered, his face quite unsure if he was doing the right thing, I can tell. Hahaha. But he did say 'Hi, Tin!' to me, which I answered back with 'Uy, Dick!' and quickly dismissed whatever he was planning to say back by turning to Marvin for a chat. His name sounded funny as I heard myself say it. What do you think? It was my first-ever encounter with my former boyfriend. I was not prepared for this. Or if ever I was preparing for it many times in the past, I forgot how to do it that instant when we were there face to face. Preparation never really helped. It was an entirely different scene from what and how I pictured it to be. No violence. No screaming. No crying. No tension. No drama. Hahaha. I am, after all, not a warfreak! And if there is something I did prove myself I am capable of doing, it's that I HAVE MOVED ON! Yeah! Woohooo with somersaults! I faced him [my former boyfriend] with all-smiles and confidence. It felt like I saw an old friend again. Nothing more. Just tales, no hurt feelings. And did he even ask to take photos of me with my former colleagues! I know he did not mean to show off, but I did know he just got his new D-something Canon camera from his father, whom he paid at a fatherly rate. It was funny that I easily obliged posing before his new lens. Am I a camwhore! I said my goodbyes after a while but he was suddenly not there to bid me farewell back. That was fine though. It did not hurt. I traced my way home like I would not be having chestpains ever again. Kidding. So life, I managed to play around with your jokes again. Bring on! (I hope to post the photos my former boyfriend took if he sends me a copy. Goodluck!?)

No comments: