About Me

My photo
I love hard. I laugh loud. I wanna live laudibly.

Thursday, June 5, 2008

Mistaken Identity Over A Cheeseburger


I have to say the McDonald's TV ad of friends ganging up on someone for cheeseburgers over some silly new things (speaking English, tucking a shirt, bangs) is really catchy and funny. Geeenneeaassss!
Interpreting the moral of the ad (may ganun?!), it shows how we should appreciate little changes around us and dwell on the positivities these would bring. If something good happens to a friend or someone dear to us, let us be happy for them. (Am I being real?) Let's not put them down, uh-uh, don't even dare.

*****

While browsing my Friendster account, I came upon a friend of my friend whose name really rings a bell. I checked his account and ogled at his primary photo which happened to be a group picture. Looking at the faces in that photo, I was certain (as in, I sure would bet the apartment I live in now in QC) that I spotted the person that matches the name of the account and that he is someone I know from the past. Without second thoughts, I messaged him to actually demand that he should add me up pronto. He was asking me questions like he was probing on my identity. WTH is Ate Tintin? I was accusing him of nearing a diagnosis of Alzheimers, vividly describing how I remember him to be -- flat-headed, brown, thin and makulit. He mentioned names I was not sure were real people. I still insisted he is that person I know from when.
Come first Wednesday, I got an invite to attend the Mass in Baclaran. It was a sudden invite, not part of my plans after office, that I did not say yes at once. But OLPH must have devised ways that I should come to Mass -- and maybe meet this person in the face on the side. So I did. Besides, I felt the urgency yesterday that I should come to Mass. I saw it as an opportunity to vent the anxieties I have been suffering these past days. A therapy. On the side, this would be that one-time history of meeting and proving that that person I saw in Friendster is the same person I know -- or otherwise, I would prove myself wrong and hide forever.

Nyahahahaha. I was mistaken alright. He was not flat-headed. He was thin but not brown. And he was not that person I thought he was in the group photo. Ok, ok. I am only human to err, such things I cannot control especially when I have problems with my sight. (I was once told by a friend I should have seen my eye doctor before I decided to be in that relationship. Funny.)

My bad. That mistaken identity did not stop him nevertheless to treat me to a cheeseburger, and a large order of French Fries, and McFloat, and tales, and laughters, and updates slash gossips, and friendship. It was fun, fun, fun! I have to forget about the anxieties for a while.
And then I thought, if losing someone like that would mean meeting other far fun and better friends, I think I even gained more. It was worth the loss, if there was such a thing in the first place! And really sometimes (or all the time if seen from the lighter side), mistakes are blessings in disguise. Ikaw ba naman ilibre ng cheeseburger? Blessing nga yun!




2 comments:

Anonymous said...

sarap talaga ng libre...
pero do you know what makes that mcdo treat more yummy and fun filled..
i' didnt pay for it...
hahaha..u hear me right...libre po yun..
kung bakit libre..secret ko n yun

Tinao said...

sige, dalhin mo ang secret na yan to your grave ha. :P ayaw pa kasi sabihin.