About Me

My photo
I love hard. I laugh loud. I wanna live laudibly.

Monday, June 23, 2008

Rainy Days and Mondays

It is a rainy Monday morning. And thank God for storm Frank (yeah, I'm considering it a blessing in disguise). The traffic is so smooth. Students are not around to vie with you for space in PUVs. Bwahaha. Waging-wagi! Traces of Frank in Makati are everywhere. Fallen leaves and damp streets. The bamboo trees infront of The Columns originally implanted in there for aesthetic purposes yielded to Frank's winds. I saw one security guard taking photos of the bamboos (sosyal!) -- for postcard maybe. ;) Rains give me that euphoric mood. Rains bring back my delightful childhood memories. Rains remind me of the Cali Shandy commercial.
******
I owe my friends birthday greetings:
June 22 - Maricar Ramos, June (of IIEE-CSC)
June 23 - Mitch (of UST-AB Economics 03), Xian (of UST-AB Economics 03)
Just congratulations to my former classmate slash guy pal slash adviser slash brother slash constant chatmate slash provincemate slash so on Junlee Cacapit for finally receiving his visa for London. Taray!
******
My sincerest condolences to Ervi Rodriguez (of UST-AB Legal Management 01 and Our Lady of Lourdes Youth Ministry) for the death of his father.
*****
And I want to repost this read from my friend Jeff's Multiply site just so I could paint a smile in your face. (http://jeffreysarm.multiply.com/journal/item/19/Movies)
1. Black hawk down - Ibong maitim sa ibaba
2. Dead man's chest - Dede ng patay
3. I know what you did last summer - Uyy... aminin!
4. Love, actually - Sa totoo lang, pag-ibig
5. Million dollar baby - 40 million pisong sanggol (it depends on the exchange rate of the country)
6. The blair witch project - Ang proyekto ng bruhang si blair
7. Mary poppins - Si mariang may putok
8. Snakes on a plane - Nag-ahasan sa ere
9. The postman always rings twice - Ang kartero kapag dumutdot laging dalawang beses
10. Sum of all fears - Takot mo, takot ko, takot nating lahat
11. Swordfish - Talakitok
12. Pretty woman - Ganda ng lola mo
13. Robin hood, men in tights - Si robin hood at ang mga felix bakat
14. 4 weddings & a funeral - Kahit 4 na beses ka pang magpakasal, mamamatay ka rin
15. The good, the bad and the ugly - Ako, ikaw, kayong lahat (Hahaha!)
16. Harry potter and the sorcerer's stone - Adik si harry, tumira ng shabu
17. Click - Isang pindot ka lang
18. Brokeback mountain - May nawasak sa likod ng bundok ng tralala /bumigay sa bundok
19. Waterworld - Basang-basa
20. There's something about mary - May kwan sa ano ni maria
21. Employee of the month - Ang sipsip
22. Resident evil - Ang biyenan
23. Kill bill - Kilitiin sa bilbil
24. The grudge - Lintik lang ang walang ganti
25. Nightmare before christmas - Binangungot sa noche buena
26. Annie hall - Ang butas ni annie
27. Never been kissed - Pangit kasi (Hahaha talaga!)
28. Gone in 60 seconds - 1 round, tulog
29. The fast and the furious - Ang bitin, galit
30. Too fast, too furious - Kapag sobrang bitin, sobrang galit
31. Dude, where's my car - Dong, anong level ulit tayo nag-park?
32. Beauty and the beast - Ang asawa ko at ang nanay nya (Hahaha ulit!)
33. The lord of the rings - Ang alahero
*****
The day has not ended yet and I'm still getting a load of surprises. Haha!
On my way to the elevator at 12:35 p.m. to buy myself a cup of rice for lunch (yes guys, I took my lunch that late), I saw Mark the G. (the German!) waiting for the lift at the elevator lobby. Is this some kind of a joke? (Nah, coincidence lang) I sashayed to join him wait for the elevator. And since I think the situation called for emergency, I naturally combed my hair with my fingers to fix it in place. Ooops, blouse, check. Pants, check. Shoes, check. Perfume, uh-oh, I do not wear perfume. I sure hope he won't necessarily sniff like a dog. If he does, he has to bear with my sweat, este sweet smell.
We were the sole couple, I mean we were the only two people (that makes a couple, doesn't it?) there. When the elevator door opened, he held the door for me and motioned me to enter the elevator ahead. Classic gentleman, is he? And what? Is this called my lucky day? We were the only people inside! Where is everybody? As in nada, zero. Only me and him. But he was busy reading that trash he's holding to notice me. :( I only got to relish the moment with him inside the elevator for 5 seconds or so. When we stopped at the 18th floor, two girls entered and helped themselves fill in the space that separates me and Mark the G. I want to get hold of a wand and shout "Patronus!" there and then. Hahaha.
When finally the elevator landed at the Ground Floor, I eased myself out instantly to forget about fancying him. I headed to the jolly jeeps to buy rice for myself but since it was nearing 1:00 p.m., I get to see the vendors cleaning up the empty trays. In short, wala ng rice! I proceeded to the canteen instead while chanting, God, help! I'm starving. He heard my prayer -- and still with a bonus. Mark the G. was heading to a table all by himself. I ordered a cup of rice while my peepers are focused somewhere else. A naughty idea came to me. What if I join him for lunch? Will I get rejected? Well, what if's will stay what if's unless done. So I only frustrated myself. I remember that commercial with the cliche, "Is this seat taken?"
I left the canteen blowing him my sweetest gaze with batting eyelashes. Only that, he does not know.
*****
Have a nice week ahead!