About Me

My photo
I love hard. I laugh loud. I wanna live laudibly.

Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Tears at North Park

6:00 pm. Sharp. I have known her to know exactly what the time is and how she would spend it that is why I made it a point to arrive at that spot before the agreed time. But standing and waiting is not in my frame. I still have 15 minutes to wait so I decided to marvel at what KFC has to serve my stomach with. I contented myself with chicken sandwich, regular golden brown fries and soda. These must be enough to compensate my dawdling for a while. The fries were gone and I was not halfway over munching my bite of the sandwich, my phone beeped. It signalled me to pick up my things and proceed to the meeting place. She was screaming my name at the sight of me. I could only open my arms to welcome her for an embrace. Gosh, she has longer hair now. She looked prettier to me, better than when I last saw her. I was delighted to see her again! She said I look sexier. I wanted to object but I brushed off the compliment like it was just her nature to say that. In the first place, I was meeting with her to catch up with the old times and not to argue with her. We decided to eat at Tempura only to settle at North Park when we got there. Hahaha. Girls will be girls. We ordered for dried herb noodles, steamed sharks fin and spicy garlic squid. The best part is, while the food we ordered are sizzling in the pot, the chat started to simmer as well. Talking about what transpired in our lives for the longest time we have not met and talked again would take forever. What made me fixated in my comfy chair was her asking me, "What have you learned from it?" That same question got me preoccupied while eating. Did I really learn a thing? I was not prepared when the tears welled in my eyes sooner than I could wipe it with the table napkin. I learned to love more than myself. She had revelations thereafter. She said God is a jealous God. He will take away all those you love more than Him. True. True. I recounted that my service for Him waned for a time. I was not paying so much attention. I only focused on one (now) trivial person who was (now) taken away from me. I started crying again over that thought. She said it's high time I move on. She was the nth person to tell me that. And i was crying again. I was very generous for tears. A long, heavy breath escaped me. She told me to do the things I so longed to do. Study abroad. Seek better employment. Travel. Life is beautiful and so are you, she said. I was inspired. What was cried over at North Park will be left at North Park -- like the crumpled tissue I used to dry my tears. No left-overs. No take-outs. Thank you, Ms. Jane.
*****
And speaking of tears and moving on, I just have these words to share which were also shared to me today:
1.) The world will not stop revolving to wait for you.
2.) Don't cry over spoiled milk. (Spoiled ba or spilled? The point is, don't cry!)
Be inspired!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

so u did listen to after all..
hehe..
nyahahaha..
me and my not so good world of wisdom!!!!
hehehe
inggat!!
until then...

Tinao said...

ahahaha. marunong ako makinig. lalo na pag nakakarelate ako. kung hindi, dedma. hindi ko alam kung san mo kinukuha mga insights na shinishare mo pero don't worry, may credits naman lagi sa blog ko eh. you and your not-so-good world of wisdom. talaga lang ha!

Anonymous said...

Interesting to know.